I’m truly shocked at how well I was able to keep this secret for the past few weeks, but I find that I can keep it no longer! I MUST TELL YOU ALL…
that I am going to be working with Kraft Foods as one of their Tastemakers!!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. YIPPEEEEEEE. WOOOOOHHOOOOOOOO.
Okay. I believe I got all of the shouting out of my system for good now. For those of you who have been following my little blogging adventure for the past two and a half years, you know I’ve been dying to take the blog to the next level since, well, forever. So you can imagine my utter delight when I received an email, and then a phone call, and then a contract from one of my favorite brands ever.
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know how I made all of those various shouting noises yet again when I received an adorable basket full of Kraft products to help inspire me in the next few months. From that basket emerged the inspiration for today’s post as well!
Hidden in the midst of so many boxes of Mac and Cheese, Jello, and chocolate, I spied a bag of strawberry flavored marshmallows…
I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THEY MADE STRAWBERRY MARSHMALLOWS! What a fantastic idea! As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to try them out in a rice krispie treat. I had some leftover graham crackers from the Stuffed S’mores Muffins last week, and thus Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats were born.
Oh and in case you were wondering: yes, they are amazing. No, you can’t eat just one. But why would you want to? Imagine your favorite childhood classic after-school snack got together with your favorite adult after dinner indulgence. Childhood me and “real person” me are absolutely in love with these treats! The strawberry marshmallows melt perfectly into the rice krispies, the graham crackers add a little crunch, and the cheesecake white chocolate drizzle takes them right over the top.
Need another simple, effortless sweet to round out your Easter dessert table? These Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats come together in minutes and are the perfect treat for the whole family!
If you are indeed thinking of making these for Easter, you have enough going into the oven without needing to cram the dessert in there as well. Keep it even more kid-friendly by making full use of your microwave. Unless your children are anything like me growing up, in which case don’t put them in charge of melting
exploding the marshmallows all over the inside of the microwave marshmallows. Put them in charge of stirring or sprinkle distribution.
Sprinkle distribution is an incredibly important job.
I wish that was my job, actually. “Jess Gonzalez – Professional Sprinkle Distributor.”
One day, my friends, one day…
I’ll be back on Wednesday with a new biscotti recipe, so be sure to tune in!
Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 10.5 oz bag strawberry flavored marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup chopped graham crackers
- 1 cup white chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 tbsp cheesecake pudding mix
- assorted sprinkles, if desired
- Melt marshmallows and butter either a) in a medium pot on the stove or b) in a large microwave-safe bowl. Remove from heat or the microwave and stir in rice krispies and graham crackers.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9 by 12 inch pan lined with aluminum foil. Let cool until firm and then cut into squares.
- Add white chocolate to a medium microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in cheesecake pudding mix until well incorporated, and then drizzle over rice krispie treats. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Best if eaten the same day. Makes approximately 16 rice krispie treat squares.