This Strawberry Jam-filled Doughnut Muffin is perhaps the best muffin I’ve ever made in my life.
Yep. That’s right. No little intro rant about something random, no grumbling about how Spring is a lie…
we are going straight to the main muffin event.
It’s a muffin, but it’s so much more than that. It’s part muffin, part doughnut, all perfection.
YOU GUYS IT’S A JELLY FILLED DOUGHNUT WITHOUT ANY FRYING OR EFFORT OR DRIVING TO DUNKIN DONUTS!
What more could you possibly ask for??
It’s the absolute perfect dessert-for-breakfast and it takes no time at all to prepare. Simple sweet muffins, stuffed with strawberry jam, then rolled in melted butter and sugar
and then shoveled into your mouth with all of the sounds similar to om nom nom nom.
Yes, I still have a huge fear of deep-frying and so this is a bit of a cop-out to my “I’m going to tackle from-scratch doughnuts” but I mean, c’mon,
don’t you just want to eat a million of these?!?
Think of the muffin possibilities! Stuff them with strawberry jam, or blueberry, or raspberry; roll them in plain sugar or cinnamon sugar or oooooh: what about raspberry-filled muffins rolled in lemon sugar?
I’m resisting the urge to stop writing this post and run into my kitchen to make those muffins. Though, to be fair, I’m sort of always resisting the urge to stop whatever it is I’m doing to run into my kitchen and bake muffins, but this is a serious urge.
The urge to EAT ALL THE MUFFINS.
As I’ve heard so many college students saying, the struggle is real. I may not appreciate their exhausting use of “YOLO”, but I can relate to the struggle.
So many struggles…..so many muffins.
After whipping up these adorable little treats, I realized how much I missed Muffin Mondays. I’ve been sadly neglecting all of
my your muffin cravings!
How incredibly rude of me!
So I shall be bringing Muffin Mondays back, and rest assured there will be ample more recipes that involve stuffing muffins with delectable fillings.
Trust me when I say I am resisting the urge to list all of the different fillings in one giant, glorious sentence. But you should be excited.
I know I am.
cue shameless self promotion if you haven’t yet, be sure to subscribe to the blog via email up in the right-hand corner of the site or via Bloglovin HERE. You know you don’t want to miss one muffin moment. 😉
I’ll be back on Wednesday with a truly tropical breakfast smoothie.
Strawberry Jam Filled Doughnut Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- approximately 1 cup strawberry jam
for the topping:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter/flour one 12-cup muffin pan (you can also use cooking spray). In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together egg, vegetable oil, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just combined (a few lumps are ok!).
- Spoon 2 tbsp of batter into each of the prepared cavities of the muffin pan, then place one tsp of strawberry jam in the center. Cover with another 2 tbsp of muffin batter, and use a toothpick or a spatula to make sure the jam is entirely covered by muffin batter.
- Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes or until the muffins spring back when gently pressed with a finger or a toothpick inserted into one comes out with only a few crumbs. Let cool in pan for five minutes before carefully removing and setting on a cooling rack.
- Next, set up your dipping station. Place melted butter in a small bowl and sugar in a separate bowl. Quickly dip the outside of the muffin in melted butter, shake off excess, then roll completely in sugar. Set back on cooling rack. Repeat until all the muffins are coated.
Makes approximately 1 dozen muffins